Thessaloniki Welcome Walk 1h & Admission to the Archaeological Museum
Take a short walk in Thessaloniki with a local host and get helpful tips about the city. Skip the lines at the Archaeological museum with a pre-booked ticket.
Get an introduction to Thessaloniki from a local host on a 1 hour guided walk. Stop to try the local signature snack and have some water. Later, skip the line at the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki.
Experience on your own different eras of Greek history, culture and art and see ancient Greek masterpieces. Apart from its permanent displays, the Archaeological Museum also hosts major temporary and thematic exhibitions, such as The Coins of Macedonia from the 6th Century to 148 BC, with examples of coins that were circulating in Macedonia in that period.
Thessaloniki Welcome Walk & Admission to the Archaeological Museum
- Admission to the Archaeological Museum
- Information and orientation tips by a local host
- Thessaloniki signature snack
- Bottle of water
- Guided tours inside the museum
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Starting time 11:00, meeting point: The port of Thessaloniki, next to the entrance (in front of the white mast).
- The guided walk operates rain or shine, and has an approximate duration of 1 hour; please allow for a grace period.
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes are recommended.
- This is not a guided tour of the museum or any other monuments. The local host will not enter any archaeological site that require a licensed tour guide.
- Your admission tickets will let you skip the ticket lines at the museum. The booking voucher can be used only at the meeting point of the walk, in exchange for the actual museum tickets.
- Museum opening hours: Monday to Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Those under 18 years of age must bring their I.D. card or passport as proof of age to enter the museum free of charge. Infants 0-4 years old participate free of charge. Children 5-18 can participate in the walk with a discounted, 15 Euros ticket and enter the museum free of charge with a document proving their age.
- Meeting point: The port of Thessaloniki, next to the entrance (in front of the white mast).
- If you need any more info, feel free to give us a call at +30 69 737 999 92
- The museum ticket is valid for one day (the day of booking) and you may enter once.
- You must bring your ID in order to receive any reduced priced museum ticket booked.
The daily tours are open for up to 20 guests, so enjoy meeting new people while having a great time with your local host. If you wish to book a private experience, feel free to let us know and we will be happy to arrange it. We are looking forward to showing you around during this Thessaloniki walking tour and we are sure you will enjoy the Archaeological Museum exploration!