A Culinary Journey: Food Markets and Chef’s Table 4hr
Savour the vivid scents, sounds, sensations and flavours of Athens on a 4-hour culinary adventure.
Savour the vivid scents, sounds, sensations and flavours of Athens on this 4-hour culinary adventure offered exclusively for Mastercard cardholders. After a typical Athenian breakfast of Greek coffee and sesame bread rings, we will guide you on a gourmand’s tour of specialist food shops. Try and buy feta and yoghurt, fresh herbs and spices, olives, ouzo and buffalo pastrami from family-owned emporia in and around the vibrant Varvakios Agora, or central food market. After gathering your ingredients, enjoy a private cooking class in a neoclassical kitchen. A talented chef will share recipes handed down through generations, including his granny’s meatballs, feta fyllopie, mouthwatering aubergine salad or ‘little shoes’ (stuffed aubergines) and so on. Finally, enjoy each delicious dish paired with exceptional Greek wine and aperitif or digestif. A feast for the senses, exclusively for Mastercard cardholders. Read in French
Your host will be waiting for you outside Panepistimiou Metro Station (exit Akadimia). Discover the famous Trilogy of Athens and find out which royal had green fingers. It is a perfect moment and spot to get to know each other better at the first royal residence of Athens while you sip Greek coffee. Let’s find out if you have a sweet tooth as well!
Together with your host you continue down one of Greece’s most famous streets, also known as the ‘stomach of Athens’. While chatting about the history of this genuinely Greek neighborhood, your host will tell you all there is to know about the district that is so strongly connected with food and hospitality – keywords in the meaning of ‘philoxenia’, literally ‘a friend to a stranger’.
The vibrant Central Market will awaken all your senses. Listen to vendors selling their produce in a playful way, shouting or singing while prospective buyers haggle for a better price. Here, you also buy some of the products needed for our final stop of this 4-hour gastronomic journey: a Greek cooking experience with Greece’s finest and purest ingredients. The restaurant is true to the Greek cuisine, in a location off the beaten path. The recipes you prepare with the cook have been handed down from generation to generation, guaranteeing a unique and memorable experience. The best thing is that you can do this at home!
A Culinary Journey: Food Markets and Chef’s Table
What’s Priceless for Mastercard cardholders
- Learn how to read your fortune in your Greek coffee cup
- Sample street food as you explore spice shops and food markets
- Cooking class with a charismatic Greek chef
- Share a traditional Greek feast at the chef’s table
What’s not included:
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal shopping
- Accommodation transfers
- Minimum of 1 guest and maximum of 8 guests per experience
- The total length is approximate; please allow for a grace period
- We can accommodate some food allergies and aversions. Please advise in advance if you have any special dietary needs
- The experience does not finish at the starting point. Detailed return directions are provided
- If you need any more info, feel free to give us a call at +30 69 737 999 91
- Arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts
- Wear sunglasses, hats and sunscreen during summer months, and comfortable clothes and shoes