Athens food and walking tour 5h
Experience the lively lifestyle of Athens, explore must-see districts and delight in sampling local delicacies the Greek way.
Are you traveling to Athens and would like someone to show you the most interesting spots? If you are looking for an authentic local experience, give yourself a special 5-hour Athens landmarks food tour. Get a real insight into the vibrant daily life, walk the famous districts and try the best flavors. Experience this eclectic city from a whole new perspective.
Follow us into the world famous Plaka district. Under the shade of the Acropolis, we will start the day sipping aromatic Greek coffee at a unique place nearby. Fully immersed in the majestic surroundings, we head up to lose ourselves in the pocket size neighborhood of “Anafiotika”. Next, let’s continue downhill. We’ll discover the places where various centuries mingle to recreate the rich history and tradition of Athens. And how about a delicious break at a local tavern serving mouthwatering dishes?
Just a couple of minutes away, breathe in the atmosphere of the throbbing Monastiraki square. It’s overlooked by century-old buildings and ancient monuments and home to the buzzing flea market. Wandering through paved Athenian alleys, we stroll around the old commercial centre of the city. Soon, we make a stop for those with a sweet tooth, enjoying light jazz background music. To top it all off, let’s walk to a delicious cheese/cold cut/olive tasting you won’t be able to resist. And for a final taste of the city’s culinary culture, why not sneak a peek at the lively Varvakeios Municipal Market?
Athens food and walking tour 5h – famous landmarks the local way
- Drinks and bites equivalent to Greek lunch.
- Professionally trained hosts with extensive local food and cultural knowledge and great personalities.
What’s not included:
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal shopping
- Accommodation transfers
- Minimum of 1 guest and maximum of 6 guests per experience.
- The total length is approximate; please allow for a grace period.
- We can accommodate some food allergies and aversions. Please advise in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
- The experience does not finish at the starting point. Detailed return directions are provided.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended as we cover an average distance of 2.3 kilometres.
- Children under 4 do not require a separate ticket. Children from 5 to 12 years old pay half price tickets.
- Meeting point: Metro station Acropolis exit Makrigianni Str. – Dionysiou Areopagitou.
- For further info, do give us a call at +30 69 737 999 91.
- Arrive 10 minutes before the activity starts.
- Wear sunglasses, hats and sunscreen during summer months, as well as light-coloured clothes and comfortable shoes.
The daily tours are open for up to 6 guests, so enjoy meeting new people while having a great time with your local host. If you wish to book a private experience, feel free to let us know and we will be happy to arrange it. We are looking forward to meeting you and sharing unforgettable moments on this Athens food and walking tour!